Whether this your first time or your 100th, there are a few things that you should always remember to do before receiving a psychic reading. This will help you to bring in the best energy for yourself and the reader in order to maximize the potential results of the reading. The better you feel going into the reading, the easier it is to connect to your energy and read. Most experienced psychics have a fairly high vibration and work well when connecting to others within the same vibrational bracket. As walking and talking sponges of energy, psychics and sensitives tend to avoid working with lower level energies (not necessarily living). Here’s what you can do to help.
- Raise your vibration. Elevate your vibration as much as you can before a reading. You can do this easily by meditating and centering yourself, listening to music that makes you feel good, or whatever it is that makes you feel happy, peaceful, and whole.
- Go in with a “clean” energy. Try not to have a reading when you are upset, angry, sad, hurt, etc. Many psychics are empathic and can actually experience your feelings and pain as if it were their own. These feelings can obstruct information coming through for the psychic. They essentially act as a cloud making it more difficult to obtain and attend to more relevant information. It is typically easier for the reader to go deeper when there is less emotional blockage. Sure, they might pick up on the fact that you got into a huge fight with a loved one, but that information is extraneous if you would like to know about career opportunities.
- Be positive. It can be difficult to maintain a positive energy when you’ve just lost your job or are dealing with a breakup or loss of a loved one, but a little positivity and optimism can go a long way.
- Have time. Whether your appointment is over the phone or in person, schedule it when you have enough time and don’t feel rushed. Feeling anxious, stressed, or pressed for time can also lower your vibration. You will also want ruminate on what was presented by the psychic.
- Have a question or focus. If you want a general reading then not having a specific question ready is fine. If this is not the case, then you should have some questions prepared.
- Takes notes. It’s very helpful to have a pen and paper handy when going into a reading. Your reader won’t be alarmed if you pull out a little notebook to write their messages, and they’d probably be very happy to see you do so. It’s incredibly helpful to have the messages documented so that you can refer back to them at a later time. If your messages are highly positive, use it to lift yours spirits a bit when you’re feeling down. If there are predictions, look back and verify them. This will also allow you to choose a psychic that connects well with your energy.
- Suspend doubts. Try to release the doubts that you have before and during the reading. Skepticism and doubt can hamper a reading. I’m not suggesting to just blindly accept whatever your reader is saying, even if they’re way off the mark. There are many reasons why a psychic might be off during a reading, but be careful not to automatically discredit them. During your reading, don’t be afraid to ask questions for clarification. After your reading, go through your notes and think about what makes sense. In cases of predictions, we don’t always see the immediate results and assume that the reader just missed the mark.
- Have an open mind! (I will tirelessly stress the importance of this)